Last Updated Date: 07/05/2021
Welcome to Online Surf Academy by Margaret River High Performance Academy.
Our Services and Website may be utilised by children given the permission, supervision and consent of a parent, guardian or nominated caregiver. Children may be enrolled in one (1) or more programs with “Online Surf Academy”, provided that a parent or guardian schedules the Online Surf Academy (s) and signs a Release and Waiver of Liability on such child’s behalf. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. All minor’s must be signed up by a parent, and the parent must consent to the coaching of their child on their behalf. It is the responsibility of the parent/ guardian to ensure appropriate supervision of the minor in all interactions with Online Surf Academy.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Website and/or Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily at registration and in the course of your use of the Website and/or Services. To use our Services, we require you to create an “Account” by providing your email address and a password and other information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Website or Services you are able to use.
When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. If you tell us your location we may collect, store and use that information. Of course, your location may also be apparent from your content. You may decline the provision of your location or other information; however, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features and functions of the Services.
Online Surf Academy facilitates the creation and sharing of content. When you create content (including audiovisual recordings) as part of our Services, other users may be able to access and view them.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including you.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format user can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device’s image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
Disclosure – Analytics. We may also use third party tracking services to help us analyze how users use the App and Services. These services collect only the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, rather than your name or other personally identifying information, and use it to collect information such as how often users open the App and what features they use in the App. We only use this information to improve our App and Services. We do not combine the information generated thereby with your Personal Information and we do not associate you in any way with your device identifier. Only these services know and associate you (on a non-identifiable basis) with your identifier.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION.
- We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Market our products and services and those of third parties to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with you about the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the Log Files may be collected so that when you use the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION.
We may also disclose certain Personal Information:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
- Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that desire access to Personal Information that we collect from you.
AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
· Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
· Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us at email@example.com. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any content associated therewith will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION.
INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES
The Services are operated from Australia. If you are located outside of Australia and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in Australia, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Service. Australian privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Online Surf Academy, such as statistics of the use of the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.
HOW WE HELP YOU
Using videos and direct interations, the Online Surfing Academy teaches you the skills essential for reaching your maximum surfing potential.
Become a better surfer
Take Your Surfing To The Next Level with the Online Surfing Academy.
Learn and improve in your own time and at your own pace
Be confident in any conditions and riding at speed
Boost strength, stamina + mobility in your surfing
Generate power like a pro
Personalised online coaching to help you with any aspect of your surfing.
Simply upload a video of your surfing
Fill in the online form and complete your one-time payment
We will review your video and create a training program outlining our training recommendations and drills
SHARE WITH US
Share your Online Surf Academy experience with us by posting photos and videos on social media using the hashtag #HPCWA. We will feature the best photos and videos on this website as well as our social media platforms. Vouchers or merchandise will be available for the best videos or photos we receive!
ONLINE SURF ACADEMY COURSES
What you can learn faster!
When setting up your off the top manoeuvres in surfing, it’s paramount to have a technically sound bottom turn.
Have you ever wanted to improve your cutbacks so much that they become technically perfect from start to finish?
Includes exercises in the form of dynamic stretches, strength work & recovery minimising injury & promoting movement.
PLUS...all of the following
- Understand equipment
- Understand surf etiquette
- How to do line up check
- Positioning yourself in the line up
- Good wave selection
- How to pop up
- How to angle on take off
- Learn to lean
- How to surf top to bottom
- How to duck dive
- How to wipeout safely
- How to generate speed
- How to carve
- How to do floaters
- How to do lip line
- How to do re-entry
- How to tube ride
- How to do laybacks
- How to do bottom turns
- How to set up aerials
- How to do air reverses
- How to do cutbacks
TRY IT FOR FREE
Curious whether you should subscribe? Sign up to get the first 24-hours on us.